Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

初めましてライアン/Reyleeです

5 posters

Go down

初めましてライアン/Reyleeです Empty 初めましてライアン/Reyleeです

Post by reylee Wed May 29, 2013 7:16 am

Hi, I'm Reylee, 27M, from Singapore. I am an Engineer and aspiring film-maker. I'm not so much a manga person, only extreme boredom will drive me to manga. The manga I follow are Chihayafuru, Koi Neko, Yandere Kanojyo, Apocalypse no Toride, Furou Kyoudai. I prefer horror, mystery, scifi.

I follow anime more widely, with recent faves being Madoka Magica, Chihayafuru, Shingeki no Kyojin, Shinsekai Yori, Another, Kokoro Connect, Tonari no Kaibutsu, Bakemonogatari series, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Anohana, Zetsuen no Tempest etc.

I found this group because I was itching for something similar to Ghost Hunt, and then found the scanlations of Akumu no Sumu Ie. I studied Japanese quite intensively for 2 years in my university, so I'm good up to keigo level, but my vocabulary is still considered limited to casual conversation only. I also joined Sado (Japanese tea ceremony) club, of Enshu style. There's this interesting anime/manga on Sado called Hyougemono, which although is fictional, it's still an interesting pseudo-historical insight into Sado.

My fave singers are Mr Children, Ayaka, Kobukuro, Superfly, Supercell (with Nagi Yanagi), LiSA, Tommy Feb/Heavenly6, GReeeeN, Rurutia, Onitsuka Chihiro, Fukuhara Miho, Yuzu, Chage&Aska (very old school, i know) etc. My fave musicians are TENMON (5cm/s, Tales of Memories), Kajiura Yuki (Madoka), Sagisu Shiro (Shin Evangelion).

In my spare time, I enjoy playing with my 1 year old cat Mimi.

Joining as a Jp-En translator. Yoroshiku!

reylee
Japanese Translator

Back to top Go down

初めましてライアン/Reyleeです Empty Re: 初めましてライアン/Reyleeです

Post by Soushii Wed May 29, 2013 7:42 am

Reylee, do you know Garden of Manga?

Oh by the way, Welcome to Ciel Scans.
Soushii
Soushii
Editor

http://miketsukamisoushii.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reylee Wed May 29, 2013 7:53 am

nope i don't.

reylee
Japanese Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuko Wed May 29, 2013 7:54 am

Hajimemashite!
Hi Reylee Very Happy which name do you prefer to be called with? Raian(sounds like Ryan) or Reylee?

Ooh Singapore *o* me love Singapore so much that my family often goes there, like approximately once a year. This July, my family will be going to Singapore Very Happy by the way, do you mind if I ask you something (via PM of course) about Singaporean universities? I plan to study there for university.

Anyway, kochira koso yoroshiku ^^
Mitsuko
Mitsuko

Back to top Go down

Post by Soushii Wed May 29, 2013 7:56 am

I see. Since I think I saw that name there before. And he/she was a translator too.
Soushii
Soushii
Editor

http://miketsukamisoushii.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reylee Wed May 29, 2013 8:07 am

@Soushi : Nope I never did translation work before.

@Mitsuko : Well my name is Ryan, and my (latest) online moniker is reylee, feel free to use whichever you like. May I ask where you're from (your intro mentioned SEA)? As for the unis here, well i'm from NUS. If you like, when you're here I can bring you around the campus to explore haha. Any particular course/university you have in mind? It'll help with my answer.

reylee
Japanese Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by shiratori Wed May 29, 2013 8:34 am

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay Smile
shiratori
shiratori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsuko Wed May 29, 2013 10:16 am

I'm from your neighbour (I don't feel like telling my own country. I don't know why. Just that it's not Malaysia and it's not the Philipines xD) oh NUS :O that's cool! Well, I'm interested in the chemical and biomolecular engineering in NTU so sorry I think I will turn down your offer Sad anyway, thanks Very Happy
Mitsuko
Mitsuko

Back to top Go down

Post by nyamo Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Nice Kajiura Yuki is the one who compose most of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle ost, Madlax ost, Mai hime and .hack anime. Her songs are definitely heart moving. ANy of her FictionJunction work are superb level musics
nyamo
nyamo
Proofreader

Location : How tough am I? I registered in Ciel's forum... Without reading the terms and conditions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum